What's in Practical Homeschooling #98?
- College v. Career. Detailed advice on how homeschooled students can best prepare for each, and surprising info on the benefits and pitfalls of each option. Like all these articles, this is ONLY in the print magazine
- Top 10 books to open high-school students' eyes
- Top 10 books for high-school students (with some parental oversight) on friendship, sex (from a scientific and biblical viewpoint - what the media and sex ed curricula leave out), and love
- Top 10 life skills resources for high schoolers
- Top 10 documentaries all high schoolers should watch
- Summer Camp roundup - benefits and choices
- Having a Ball at Our Homeschool Prom - how this group did it. With handy list of themes for YOUR prom
- Classical education expert Diane Lockman tackles the most dreaded subject of all: research. Six steps to tracking down just what your student needs in the library to craft a great paper or debate speech.
- Don Aslett, the world's #1 cleaning and time-management expert, reveals how to "design away" cleaning by the way you outfit your home
- Best-selling science author Janice VanCleave introduces the joy of engineering
- Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring, shares inexpensive ways to introduce a preschooler to the world of work, so they will have an answer for "what do you want to be when you grow up" (it's never too early!)
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld has an "I told you so" moment as new research PROVES dyslexia is curable
- New College & Career columnist Rodney Marshall explains how you can help your teen craft his or her own "mission statement"
- MIT grad Bill Pride throws open the door to STEM careers. What's that? Science, technology, engineering, and math. Detailed career info and academic advice!
- Homeschool author Rhonda Barfield has some very practical advice for those who think there can be a "perfect" homeschool.
- We told you "Common Standards" was just the first leg of a journey towards a national curriculum (which we will fight all the way, BTW). Find out who agrees.
- Why some parents want to tattoo their children
- What NY State is doing to halt the scourge of Whiffle Ball and Freeze Tag (we kid you not!)
- Latin's Not So Tough multiyear curriculum
- Doorposts' curriculum for young gentlemen and ladies
- Former Practical Homeschooling columnist Chris Klicka's book, published posthumously, on how to live and die like a man
- Learning problems? What to do when your kid is "dyssed" (e.g., diagnosed with a disability)
- How to guide and enrich your child's life with music
- Boys: how to reach and teach them
- Songs that teach the Beatitudes
- Adventures in creative writing
- A guided tour to 26 world languages
- Fun games to develop fine motor skills
- How-to-cook guide for kids
- Contests for subscribers with awesome prizes!
- Envelope Gallery of kids' art
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library