What's in the Current Issue of Practical Homeschooling?
- Answers to 5 top questions homeschoolers ask: “My child wants to go back to school.” “My child doesn't respect me.” “My child is a perfectionist.” “Do I need an accredited curriculum?” “What can I do if we fall behind?”
- How to homeschool when you have a newborn as well
- Reading comprehension—how to teach it. How NOT to teach it!
- A family with a special-needs child and her two sisters shares their homeschool day
- A public-school teacher turned homeschooler tells us about her homeschool day
- Lawyer Antony Kolenc explains the rights of a homeschool parent whose child has special needs
- Sam Blumenfeld shares, from his personal experience as student “back in the day,” the how language-arts curriculum in schools has changed over the last 80 years—and why homeschoolers might want to turn back the clock a bit
- Bess Wuertz unveils how Montessori “grace and courtesy” lessons work
- Michele Lee has found the 10 best apps for teaching and practicing high-school math
- Melissa Morgan has 20 resources—many free—that both Christian and secular families can use to teach important character lessons to their preschoolers
- Dr. Kuni Beasley unlocks the mysteries of Academic Talent Searches. Yes, participating can eventually help your child get into a top college.
- From best-selling author Janice VanCleave: some simple Winter science activities and facts.
- Mary Pride explains how to get ready for the Spring semester. (Yes, it’s actually time to think about that!)
- Anne Wegener has some sweet thoughts on the timeless memories we are building through our homeschools
- New report has a few important things to say about young children and how their use of “screen media”—e.g., tablets, TV, and electronic games
- How new fashions can actually decrease student privacy in schools (and it has nothing to do with the actual style of clothing)
- “Experts” share some shocking thoughts about the future of school education
- Do you have a child who hates traditional education? These books might finally rope him or her in
- A creative-writing course for girls, with accompanying Christian teen novel and paper-doll crafts
- How to write a successful college essay
- A helpful guide for teaching language arts
- How to increase your child’s language skills by storytelling
- A quick introduction to Chinese history
- How to get your child started in Pinewood Derby racing
- Contests for subscribers with awesome prizes!
- Envelope Gallery of kids’ art
- Ads with special offers
Want to subscribe and receive this issue as the first in your subscription?
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library