What’s in the Current Issue of Practical Homeschooling?
- It’s Library Card Sign-Up Month! Celebrate by learning how to get up to $2,000 worth of FREE products & services from your library — and also 3 ways your family can give back to this great local institution.
- Cottage Schools & Private Tutors: What’s the skinny on whether someone else can “homeschool” your child? Is it legal? Or desirable? Also, if you want to start a cottage school, some helpful tips.
- 6 new educational trends you likely don’t know about yet.
- Bringing Up Baby: Why are so many young parents “missing” their baby’s first developmental opportunities? What to do.
- Are YOU a “homeschool micromanager”? What one mom discovered when she decided to relax a little.
- “I want to play on the school team.” Great tips from a “sports dad” who is also a coach, including possible pitfalls you need to prepare for in advance.
- Homeschooling an adopted child: one family’s story of how they added an older sibling to their household.
- “He freezes up and can’t speak!” How a loving family helped their son with Selective Mutism to blossom at home.
- OK, now you’ve been homeschooling for a year: what might your homeschoolday look like? A North Carolina family shares their day.
- Magda Jackson shares tips for “Baby’s First Chores” (OK, Toddler’s First Chores!) How to help that delightful helpful spirit develop naturally.
- Melissa Morgan’s top tips about how to help little ones develop their fine-motor skills.
- Bess Wuertz explains how the Montessori method’s “Work Plans” can be the way for your elementary-age children to start taking control of their own education.
- Best-selling science author Janice VanCleave teaches kids about crystals, including how to make your own.
- College-prep expert Dr. Kuni Beasley know colleges LOVE kids who win service recognition awards. He tells us how teens can apply for and earn 12 of them.
- Anne Wegener has a message about how we can help our children “build their capacity” to accomplish more.
- Survey reveals schools are getting more dangerous
- Survey on who cleans the house reveals some interesting facts
- New research on how to motivate BOYS to succeed
- Monthly secular subscription kit for science — no, it’s not Magic Schoolbus
- Attractive Christian program teaches science to upper elementary and middle school with lots of hands-on experiences
- How to get started in homeschooling
- Contests for subscribers with awesome prizes!
- Envelope Gallery of kids’ art
- Ads with special offers
Want to subscribe and receive this issue as the first in your subscription?
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library