What's in Practical Homeschooling #69?
- 2006 Software Awards -- which 101 educational programs have homeschoolers voted the Best of the Best?
- Have daughters? Learn how to enter a pageant . . . and win . . . from homeschool graduate (and Miss Alaska Senior Teen-Ager 2004) Kristin Hamerski
- Why children ARE a blessing -- by Mary Pride, mother of nine and author of The Way Home and All the Way Home
- "Day at Our House" diaries from a British homeschool and a Maine lobstering family.
- Summer job? After school job? Helping in the home business? Work study? Home School Legal Defense Association Senior Counsel Chris Klicka explains what homeschoolers need to know about the child labor laws.
- Homeschool success story Austin Webb has a perfect 1600 score on the SAT and was named the top all-around National Merit Scholar, among too many other achievements to list. Yet he did it all, including winning over $850,000 in grants and scholarships to top colleges, the old-fashioned "homeschool way." He writes about whether homeschoolers are losing that "pioneering" spirit of creating our own education.
- Calculus is the bridge to college math and science -- and a must if you want to get into a top college or engineering school. M.I.T. graduate Bill Pride show you how parents who are non-math-whizzes can still make sure their homeschooled sons and daughters learn this subject.
- How to teach geography to your preschoolers, for almost nothing! By Melissa Morgan, co-author of Homeschooling on a Shoestring.
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld shares the forgotten history of Easter celebration.
- Learn how to measure and improve your child's reading comprehension, from Canada Post Literacy Educator of the Year Michael Maloney.
- Practice makes perfect, but what makes a child love music? From inspirational writer Mary Biever.
- Public schoolers' test scores are rising . . . or are they really?
- "Nation's Report Card" disses intelligent
design, requires kids to be tested on evolution
- "Black flight" from public schools . . . and into homeschools?
- Online math competition
- 60 free educational quizzes online
- Over 100 free pieces of sheet music, plus MIDI files so you can hear what they sound like, and where to find them online
- Finally, a web filtering software program for the Macintosh!
HOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
- Singing is more than just standing in front of a mike. This video/DVD course teaches acting skills for singers
- Etiquette lessons for K-12
- The new edition of BJUP Consumer Math Homeschool Kit
- Saxon Math, grade 2
- A high-school curriculum that teaches pro-life
- Learn computer skills online, with this program for kids in grades K-8
- Teach guitar at home, with these video and DVD courses for everyone from elementary school through adult
- Contests for subscribers
- Envelope Gallery of homeschooled kids' art
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library