What's in Practical Homeschooling #109?
- Cure for the Common Core. 10 reasons why the new Common Core standards are just so wrong, and how to to stop it.
- The 5 hottest new educational trends: how they will or won't change how we homeschool
- “Flipping the Classroom.” The coolest new educational technique comes easily to homeschoolers.
- “How I Taught My Kids to Lobby.” Citizenship is more than just voting. Here's how one homeschool mom got her kids politically involved.
- More Top Questions New Homeschoolers Ask. Answers to your most commonly-asked questions!
- Do friends and family ask you, “What about college?” Meet this homeschooled scholarship winner!
- Join three Tennessee girls (and their mom and dad) for their homeschool day.
- Nominations ballot for 2014 Practical Homeschooling i-Learn Awards
- Melissa Morgan shows you how to write your own preschool curriculum.
- Dr. Kuni Beasley reveals where to get money for college.
- Best-selling author Janice VanCleave teaches kids all about electromagnetic energy, with fun activities.
- Our classical columnist, Dr. Bruce McMenomy, shares strategies for how to get the most out of literature.
- World's greatest cleaning and decluttering expert Don Aslett invites you to visit his “Museum of Clean.” (Free ticket for 1 admission is in this issue!)
- Education expert Sam Blumenfeld explains why kids NEED rote learning.
- Anne Wegener sheds some light on how we can train our kids to be confident without becoming cocky.
- More on the movement towards “internationalizing” American education. You'll never guess which two countries are the prime movers!
- New study shows that peer pressure forces kids to “like” music they actually don’t
- New marketplace for tutorial videos on all sorts of subjects
- IEW's Primary Arts of Language: Writing
- IEW's Primary Arts of Language: Reading
- How people handwrite all around the world
- A fun way to learn music theory
- A book of science unit studies
- How to succeed at tests
- Contests for subscribers with awesome prizes!
- Envelope Gallery of kids’ art
- Ads with special offers
WANT TO SUBSCRIBE?
To find out about current offers and pricing, click on the link that describes you:
USA Individual Renewal
USA Librarian (purchasing for a library)
Outside USA Individual
Outside USA Library