Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I start homeschooling now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spheremom1
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Should I start homeschooling now? Reply with quote

My daughter will be 3 yrs old in November. She is a very bright child. (I know everyone says that.) She can count to 14, knows the alphabet, colors, shapes, and can write 6 letters. (A, H, I, O, R, T) She is wanting to learn more but I don't know if I should start now or just keep going over what she learned. She has a full vocabulary and understands what you are saying to her. She can even do a 63 piece puzzle with no problem.

What do you think I should do?

If I do start homeschooling where can I get curriculum?

Thanks for any help!
Ramona
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Should I start homeschooling now? Reply with quote

Here is a list of things to work on up through age 3 and beyond:
listening to songs (esp. patriotic and international folk), rhymes, chants, poems, stories; comparing stories to personal experiences; drawing patterns, doodles and pictures; learning same/different; comparing temperatures by feel on the skin; describing the purpose of money; manipulating solid shapes such as cube, sphere and cone; learning living/nonliving; exploring own environment hands-on; learning to cut with blunt scissors; identifying soft/loud, high/low pitch, fast/slow tempo, long/short sounds or rhythms, feelings in response to music; moving in response to sounds; appropriate audience behavior; walking, running, jumping, galloping, skipping, hopping; bending, stretching, curling, swinging, shaking, twisting, turning, pushing, pulling; playing with rings, hoops, wands, ropes, balls, beanbags; catching, kicking, stopping, striking; balancing, rolling, climbing.
spheremom1
User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. She already knows most of that stuff, but the ones she doesn't helps a lot. Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Preschool and Readiness All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: