Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thinking about homeschool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesllo
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: thinking about homeschool Reply with quote

Hi! I'm very new to the subject of homeschooling, but I'm interested in it. Mostly because I've got my 2 oldest kids in public school and my oldest is falling really far behind. She's in 4th grade and reads at a 2.8. She's still working on subtraction facts while everyone in her class is doing multiplication. I am thinking about pulling my two kids from ps to hs them so that maybe I can help her catch up. Currently she has a wonderful, yet overworked, resource teacher. She was doing well last year, but she's still very far behind. So far I've not convinced my hubby that this is a good idea. So, I'm still in the early research phase of this whole thing.

Anyway, I'm very glad I found this forum!
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray that we can help you in any way. I too pulled my sons out of PS. My oldest was in first grade, and his class was going to double the next year, as well as the fact that he still was at a K level in EVERYTHING! He's now only about 6mos behind, and still receives sped from the PS, but we can give him extra special ed at home too.
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
mdsmomct
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. My dh was completely against homeschooling at first. I prayed and then I found advice online saying- "you can't change their mind - just ask for some time to prove it will work " My dh was happy to accept that.

Best of luck to you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: