Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Calvert homeschooling good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBoned
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Is Calvert homeschooling good? Reply with quote

I have been considering Calvert as a homeschool for my sixth grade child.
I was wondering if you could tell me what you think of the Calvert curriculum (especially for sixth grade.) (I would love to hear from actual Calvert parents, too! Very Happy)

You can sheck out their web site here
http://www.calvertschool.org
(they have a really nice web site!)
aubin
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Calvert PreK, K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th and I absolutely love it. The lesson manual is great. I only supplement with Prima Latina and some other readers. I get Calvert's Discoveries in Reading, but you can get their booklist and get the books from the library. I think it is very well rounded. I was unsure so I emailed the Bauer's from TWTM and was assured my kids would get a very good education with Calvert, though it is not strictly classical.
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good, solid packaged curriculum, but perhaps a bit rigid in the later grades. It's also quite rigorous - 8th grade Calvert is equivalent to 9th or 10th in most other schools / curricula.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: