Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie in Sunny Spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Newbie in Sunny Spain Reply with quote

Hi.........I am considering home schooling my two daughters aged 11 and 9 from September of this year. We are originally from Scotland but have relocated to Spain. The Spanish school system is not agreeing with the children and I think hs would be beneficial.

I would greatly appreciate any helpful hints with scheduling, curriculum or just really how to stay organised. All tips would be gratefully received. Many thanks.
jimenafrontera
User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Homeschooling in Spain Reply with quote

Hi Susan,

I'v sent you a PM, but in case for some reason you don't get it, just to let you know that I homeschool our 12 year old daughter Ashley Lauren and would be happy to share information with you.
We live up in the hills behind the Costa in Jimena de la Frontera.
If you'd like to, you can email me at chazepping@yahoo.com
Regards,

Charlie (Eliz.) Holtermann
MaryC
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
this is my first year homeschooling. We are from USA. Mystic CT area
We went with " Royal Academy" located in Grey, Maine, USA. I had friends that have homeschooled all their children, now grown and graduated. They met with a women named Shirley and she guided them the first few years. That is what we did as well, not sure of what I was doing I felt the need to have someone give me some guidence.
Shirley spent several hours with our daughter and was able to help develop a program that was geared to our daughters ability and learning style.
We are using several different books from different programs. I am learning as I go regarding organizing and such.
I am trying to start the day off, as we would if she were going to school. dress, eat, brush hair and teeth, make bed. Then we start our day by taking the dog for a walk or run on the beach. We have a standard poodle who is still a puppy, so in order for us to start our day, we need to tire out the dog first. We get home and start @ 10:00 am. First reading, we are doing a lanuage arts program. Then math which can be cooking, or some math game. and so on. Today we had science, if we get into something we stick with it for a few days until we finish.
I have a period after lunch where she has time to do her own thing, as I do mine. About an hour. Then we continue till 2:00, have clean up and she will write on her calender what we are doing the next day. She also journels every day. How about you, what types of things are you doing, Ideas and info from others is always helpful. Like I said, this is our first week. I am sure I will be changing things as I see needed.
Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: