Things I should do this summer, but don’t want to.

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

Regina Hogsten

Things I should do this summer, but don’t want to.

Postby Regina Hogsten » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:09 pm

After a long year of school, its time to rearrange and clean up things I didn’t consider important while schooling. What are your plans?

I have promised myself to finish my eighteen year old son’s cross stitch sampler for the last eighteen years. I am going to do it this summer. I’ll let you know in September if I broke another promise. But, I really want to keep it. The truth is I haven’t finished my twelve year old son’s sampler either. So, technically, I’m 30 years behind!

I will clean out the drinking glasses from the mugs and the plastic kiddie cups. Oh, and the bottles of bubbles and cans of fish food that were forgotten. New matching glasses will perk up the table. While I’m making a mess, the utensil-junk drawer will be freed of its “do-nothingâ€

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:46 pm

wow, you are so organized, or these things have been bugging you for a while! :lol: I would be happy if I can speng time in the garden, and find my room. I seem to have lost it under a pile of clothes that don't know where they belong. Then I could hide in my room, without feeling like I HAVE to clean it. As far as my husband goes, I gave up expecting him to do anything on a list I make for HIM. I just leave mine out and he picks something he can handle and does it. It has to be his idea, or forget it. But he does help out. Most of the summer I think I'm just going to have fun, and try to enjoy a life without, so many hassles!
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

bobbinsx5
User

Postby bobbinsx5 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:36 pm

So how is that sampler coming?

We are in the middle of cleaning out EVERYTHING for a yard sale the last weekend in July. UGH!

Regina Hogsten

Summer things to do

Postby Regina Hogsten » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:56 pm

I haven't even started to finish that sampler! I need to make a commitment to just finish it. It won't take long. It is usually that way with procrastination. It takes longer putting off the job than actually doing it.
You picked a hot week for a yard sale. Hope it went well.

bobbinsx5
User

Postby bobbinsx5 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:02 am

We ended up not doing the yard sale yet. We have been so busy I haven't been able to get our bedroom or the shed cleaned out yet. So now I don't know when I will have that yard sale, we start school in two and a half weeks, so we will just have to see.

I am getting so excited about school! My husband and I decided to name our homeschool this summer. So we came up with a name and then wrote "letters of acceptance" to the kids. It was just fun! But my poor first grader thought we were sending him to another school, he didn't quite get it. Once he understood he was still going to homeschool he was fine. I wish I could have taped that conversation it was so funny.

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:50 am

What did you name it? Just curious, that sounds like a good idea.

bobbinsx5
User

Postby bobbinsx5 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:00 pm

We named it Stepping Stones Academy. We came up with a logo and a motto, made letterhead, everything we could think of. I'm thinking of getting shirts made for them for Christmas, I haven't decided yet.

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:07 pm

Have you seen this site. I'm thinking of making my own Tshirts but this looks good too.

Lenethren
User

Postby Lenethren » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:35 pm

What an awesome idea to name your school and do the letters. Very inspiring!
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.-Goethe

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”