Very new, senior in Missouri

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

keri3225
User

Very new, senior in Missouri

Postby keri3225 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:15 pm

I have 26.5 credits all my core subjects are completed so basically i can choose whatever I want so how do I know what to take, how many courses to take? When I get to finish? I'm going to a community college that doesn't offer dual credits all they require is a diploma or transcript to prove I've finished so any help please?

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:24 pm

If you have that many credits and they include all the basics (4 maths, 3 sciences, etc.), then I am wondering if you could just graduate early? You could find some great information on transcripts and diplomas, etc. at the Home School Legal Defense's web site. Here is a link.

http://www.hslda.org/highschool/academics.asp#TR

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:12 pm

See page 5 of this:
http://dese.mo.gov/divimprove/sia/Gradu ... k_2010.pdf

Assuming you've fulfilled all of these requirements, and can back that up with a portfolio of work, test scores, etc., you have graduated. That doesn't necessarily mean, however, that you have fulfilled all the requirements for the college you want to get into - you should call admissions and find out if you need more units of math, science, etc. depending on your major. What the college wants is usually going to be more than what the state requires.

EDIT: Never mind, I see you're going to community college. So you need to put together sufficient portfolio / test scores to show that you have in fact completed those 26.5 credits, with an overview showing how they apply to graduation requirements for Missouri.

Return to “High School / College Prep”