Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

any one Working and Homeschooling???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> A Day at Our House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ummehashim
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: any one Working and Homeschooling??? Reply with quote

I'm a working women ......... i left my job few months ago but things are really tight here i have to start working soon as we need money and my hubby's pay is not enough i want to homeschool my child as i know the damages of school and want best for my child... any one with similar situation???? can any one please share there experience??????
thanks in advance
urooj seemeen
cass8erica5
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just to let you know I just started homeschooling my younger daughter and I am a single mom. I work 4 days per week. She goes to an enrichment program on Mondays then a wonderful sitter who does arts, crafts hiking and baking on Tuesday and Thursdays then her grandma and grandpas on Wednesdays where she works on more traditional type work esp reading comprehension. Then we hit it on the weekends and Fridays with more reading, science, history etc. The nice thing about homeschooling is that you can do it however you want and it is great! most anybody can make it work.
danielle82
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just my second year homeschooling. Last year I was a SAHM, and this year I am going to start working part-time and giving that a shot. I have an interview tomorrow, so we will see! I will still be the only one doing the school work, so I'm hoping I can swing this!
Tanikit
User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first year homeschooling I was working Monday, Tuesday morning, Thursday full day and every second weekend. My daughter went to a preschool most mornings and came to work with me the days I worked the afternoons. We did homeschooling with her in the afternoon and it was mostly just reading as she was very young.

For the first 8 months of this year I have homeschooled full time as I was on maternity leave but have now returned to work part time mostly on weekends. If I am working full time during the week then we drop the homeschooling and take that as a holiday period. Weekends DH watches her and we can continue our homeschooling in the week.

That is the joy of homeschooling - that you can make it work for you in whatever circumstances you need to.
Blessings4all
User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a single mom and I have been homeschooling for the past 12 years while working as a substitute teacher. My mother helped with the homeschooling when my dds were young. Now they are in high school in a virtual academy where they have teachers that they are accountable to. That has been a blessing to me because it is less work for me and they are getting a great education with a great curriculum (K12).

www.HomeschoolWithLove.com - Homeschooling made easy for you & fun for the kids.
Jude
User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Part time work Reply with quote

I have started working this year - tutoring after regular school 3 afternoons per week. My boys (5 and 3 1/2) go to a preschool and have a babysitter who takes them to the public library on the other afternoon. I find it hard to juggle everything, my husband likes the place spotless and dinner sorted, and doesn't seem too interested in what the boys are learning or doing. Is that normal? I love the tutoring but am unsure now it will fit as the boys get older.
Fzouki
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work evenings mostly. Am home with my daughter all through the day and then my husband gets home and I leave. Thankfully it's not every day, probably 3-4 nights a week so I still get to see him too. Jude- I feel for you having a husband who wants the house spotless! That would be very hard to have that pressure on you in addition to everything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> A Day at Our House All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: