Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New from Montana

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuralNurs
User

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: New from Montana Reply with quote

Hi,
I just found this forum and hope to learn much. I am the mother of 6 children. Four have graduated HS, one has graduated college, and three in college.

I am checking into this for my 5th child. He is 16 and a junior in HS. He has been an A student up till recently. In May of this year he was attacked by 3 drunk men (we think they thought he was some one else) and hit in the head on the left, posterior side.

Since that time he has had severe headaches, trouble sleeping, a very short fuse and gets frustrated easily. We tried to have him go back to school this fall and he is doing very poorly in anything that requries reading. Our school has been sending home work and I read to him and he does it. Our thought was that he would be able to go back soon but I don't think he is going to be able to.

He does not have problems with math, in his midterm progress report (right before I pulled him out) he got an A+ in Advanced Math and an F in English. So the numbers and working in math has not seemed to be affected by his head injury.

He would like to graduate with his classmates (very tiny school, 12 in his class) so I told him we would look into this for his juniior year and see how it goes.

I will look to those with experience and hope to learn here to help my son.

When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world will cry and you will rejoice.

An American Indian Proverb
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry that happened to your son. You can definitely homeschool him for only one year if that is what you need to do. If he is at home, you would be able to continue reading to him to help him with his work. He wouldn't feel pressured and could work at his own pace. He could also sleep late in the mornings if he hasn't rested well the night before. I hope homeschooling goes well for both of you. Welcome to the forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: