Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MULTI LEVAL SCIENCE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOMS
User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: MULTI LEVAL SCIENCE Reply with quote

MY OLDEST IS 8 BUT I'D LIKE TO INCLUDE THE YOUNGER ONES IN HIS SCIENCE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Mia (6)
Baby Hondo (4)
homeschooling911
User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check with your 4-H extension office for one thing. They have a plethora of (usually) free resources that are great for all ages. For instance, they have great nature education programs, something that is appealing to young kids.

I used 4-H with my two older kids. We would pick one of their workbooks and after the kids finished it they would actually receive recognition from 4-H for completing the program. One year we studied the trees in our area. Just very easy stuff to do like walking around the neighborhood or local park and identifying trees.

Your kids are young so make it easy on yourself. Forget about textbooks for science, they are a waste, especially at this age. Buy some blank books, such as the ones described here:

http://www.barebooks.com/books.htm

and have your kids fill them with pictures they draw of nature. Leaves, birds, insects...whatever you can think of. Collect rocks and leaves.

You see how you can "do science" with young ones very cheaply and have a lot more fun than going through a dry textbook.
MOMS
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!! I just looked up the barebooks....I'm so excited about it!....I never thought of anything like that before. Thank you so much!!!
Mia (6)
Baby Hondo (4)
homeschooling911
User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! I'm glad to be of help. If you ever want to contact directly my e-mail address is: anne@homeschooling911.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: