Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheelchairMommy
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Hello!! Reply with quote

Hi!

First off, I wanted to say that I am in Texas, so I know I am very lucky and have it easier than most when it comes to HS!

My name is Priscilla and I am Mommy to two little boys.

William is 5.5 and due to start Kindergarten this fall. We are currently weighing our options between public school, private school and home school. I kinda have my mind made up that I desperately want to HS. My husband is on board with it if that is what we ultimately decide but he still has a few doubts and needs to do a little more research.

I will be using my public schools curriculum as a general guide for what he should be learning but will gather from everyone to plan our lessons.

He was in a private preschool last year as well as 1/2 of the year before. I don't like the change in attitude that I saw. It just wasn't him. Plus he's very interested in lots of sports and we can't do everything if he spends 7 hours a day in a classroom.

I think that's about it.

The private school (NOT the same as his preschool) is closed this week so we are going to call and talk about classroom ratios and ask to visit the campus next week. I also need to find out about classroom ratios in our public school. They just opened up a 3rd elementary (well it's first year is this one coming up!) but I've heard it's still very crowded.

Ooooh and we plan to attend a convention in Houston at the end of July.

Wish my husband the best in his research so he can see for himself all the wonderful things I am telling him about HS.
dkocur
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Priscilla, going to the convention is a real good idea. You and your husband will learn a lot and will get to see first hand the difference in the behavior of the kids young and old. (That's what really sold me.)

BTW, my family and I will be at that convention as well! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: