Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking of HS'ing (Arizona Native)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mone_Joe
User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Thinking of HS'ing (Arizona Native) Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new to this forum on Homeschooling. I'm from Northern Arizona, living in Phx area (moving back north before school begins-hopefully). I've been thinking of homeschooling my 3-y/o and my 5-y/o. I've brought a book "Homeschooling - Take a Deep Breath, You can do this!" I've read a chapter, so far. I'm still meditating and formulating my thoughts on it Shocked
I guess I want to know if there is anyone, from northern Arizona, specifically from the Navajo Reservation, who homeschools their kids? I'm sure anyone who attended a BIA school would be open this this concept.
Since I'm new to this idea, where would I find resources from the internet where I can download newer versions of curriculm, subjects, etc. for preschooler and kindergarten?
Thank you so much! Smile
Btw, I'm MJ
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Thinking of HS'ing (Arizona Native) Reply with quote

Arizona homeschool groups:
http://www.home-school.com/groups/AZ.html

Arizona homeschool law (if you're on a reservation, this doesn't apply?)
http://www.afhe.org/az_law.htm

As for downloading curriculum, just pick a topic and Google it. Within a few minutes you should be able to find syllabuses, practice tests, and mounds of information, though you will of course still need to print it all out, and most people just save themselves the bother and buy curriculum. If you can't afford new curriculum, you can always buy used on Ebay or Amazon, or attend a local book fair, or perhaps put together a course of study from library materials. Whatever works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: