Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about K12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tashas_heart4u
User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Question about K12 Reply with quote

Does K12 curriculum stand alone? I mean, does it have to be used in conjunction with their online classes or not?

I know NOTHING about homeschooling. My daughter tried to commit suicide on Friday because of bullying at school so obviously I'm never letting her go back there. I need all the help I can get. There is the k12 complete 8th grade curriculum on Ebay right now for $100 and I want to bid on it but I don't know if it stands alone. I don't even know if it's a good one or not. This whole thing is so confusing and I already feel so overwhelmed from all this stuff going on.

Please help me.
mom2five
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter and I'm glad you are taking her out. I'm planning to homeschool my son next year and one of the reasons is that he is already being bullied in FIRST grade. I don't know much about online schools, but I haven't really heard anything good about K12. Keep asking around on homeschool sites and I'm sure they can help you find a good program that will work for you and your daughter.
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter! I am glad she will be homeschooled. I think you will both enjoy it!

K12 has a toll free phone number. (click on "contact us") I believe I would call them and ask your question. Here is a link to their site -

http://www.k12.com

Also, the first thing you need to do is make sure you meet the legal requirements of homeschooling for your state. Here is a link for that -

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp

I hope this helps some. Best wishes!
tashas_heart4u
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I've looked up the legal part and we're in Missouri so it's not too bad. We are not going to do k12. I'm glad I have a few months until next school year because I definitely need some time to research this whole thing some more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: