Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New & in need of encouragement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewHSMom
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: New & in need of encouragement Reply with quote

I just dropped off the letter at my son's private school today telling them that he will not be returning in the Fall for 2nd grade, and I've been on the verge of tears all day. I know that I'm doing the right thing for my kids (ages 8, 4, 2 and 2) but I'm going to miss the people at our school and I'm terrified that I'm going to screw up, burn out, go crazy, and ruin my kids' lives. My parents and my in-laws have a lot of reservations about what we're doing. We read a lot about homeschooling before making this decision, but when we finally made the decision it all happened so fast I guess I wasn't quite prepared for the reality of it. I just need to know that I'm going to be okay and that my kids are going to be okay.

Any encouragement, words of wisdom, advice, prayers, etc. would be much appreciated!
Nancette
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prayers are with you.

Nancy
momo3boys
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you love your children and want the best for them, you are going to be doing fine. It can be scary, no one is going to tell you different. Taking your children out of school, is very scary, you wonder if you are good enough, or if it is really for the best. Throw out those thoughts, and replace them with positive ones, like, now you get to really know your children better, you get to teach them at their level, you get to teach what you think is a priority in life. You can do it, and if you have questions we are all here to help! Very Happy
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
wvrobin
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN! Reply with quote

I WILL ALSO BEGIN HS IN THE FALL,FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.I AM AFRAID ALSO AND EXCITED. I HAVE ALL THOSE THOUGHTS THAT YOU MENTIONED IN YOUR POST AND MORE. SINCE THE BEGINNING MY BIGGEST FEAR IS THAT I WILL SOMEHOW FAIL MY KIDS (DS AGE 9 GOING INTO 4TH, DD AGE 8 GOING INTO 3RD) THAT SAME THOUGHT COMES AND GOES , BUT THIS IS SOMETHING THAT I HAVE TO ATLEAST TRY OR I WILL NEVER KNOW. I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD EVER BE BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE THIS ON AND YET , THE KIDS AND I HAVE ALREADY MAILED THE LETTER OF INTENT. I WILL BE SIGNING THEM OUT OF SCHOOL ON THEIR LAST DAY THIS YEAR. I READ A WONDERFUL BOOK CALLED "HOME SWEET HOME SCHOOL" BY SUE MAAKESTAD. IT IS CHRISTIAN BASED AND FOR ME IT WAS SO INSPIRATIONAL. I KNOW I WILL READ IT AGAIN OVER THE SUMMER TO HELP ME PREPARE. THIS FORUM HAS BEEN SUCH A WONDERFUL OUTLET OF INFORMATION,SUPPORT AND ADVICE.I JUST KEEP TELLING MYSELF "THAT I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST". MY KIDS AND I BOTH HAVE BEEN PRAYING ABOUT THIS FOR AWHILE AND WE WILL CONTINUE. JUST REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

GOD BLESS YOU!!!
WVROBIN
hbmom36
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of us were free of doubts when we started homeschooling. It may take a while before you find what works best for you and your children, so don't give up if you gothrough some rocky times at first!!
bobbinsx5
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first year we homeschooled I had it in my head that it would be the picture of peace, then when it wasn't I got burned out really fast.

Be prepared to make some changes with your program, and take baby steps to getting where you need to be. Don't try to do your routine like a school does, you don't need most of what they do! These two thing helped me the most this year.
hwn77
User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NewHSMom,

I am new here and I'm sure with the support of this forum, you will get advice and help needed from more experienced homeschooling parents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: