Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with IHIP for 8th grader in New York

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nolongerachild
User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Need help with IHIP for 8th grader in New York Reply with quote

I have recently taken my 8th grade daughter out of public school in favor of home schooling, because of many issues. Education is very important to both my daughter and I. We discussed at length the choice of homeschooling before I filed the letter of intent. Right now I am more stressed about filling out the Individualized Home Instruction Plan, than anything else. When I saw that it was asking for 'syllabi, curriculum, materials, textbooks, tests, or plan or instruction' for each subject I started to panic a bit. I know that I can teach my child, but I have been unable to find a curriculum that I feel comfortable with. I had written down previously what I wanted to teach her according to New York State requirements, but are there set textbooks we have to use? Do we have to use textbooks? I believe education and structure are very important, but so are flexibility and a freedom to learn from everyday experiences based on the child's learning style.

Any help is appreciated. I would not want to fill out this IHIP only to have it denied, and have problems when what all I'm trying to do is help my child learn.

Gretchen Bailey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: