Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homeschooling a kindergartener.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janineb781
User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Homeschooling a kindergartener. Reply with quote

Does anyone feel like there husband does not understand all the work involved in homeschooling. My husband works 12 hour days and feels I should do everything that entail the house, the housework, the bills, the schooling, and have no help when he gets home. Is that fair. I am with the kids 24/7. Do I desearve a chance to get out without the kids to go to say Walmart or something. What do you think. I feel unappreciated. I have three children 4,6 and 19.
mschickie
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I unfortunatelly have met a few families that have had to struggle with this. Have you found a local support group yet? Maybe meeting other homeschool Dads will help him understand that you need support and time away. We have Care and Share nights for the Moms ever few months.

Do you have a Pastor or counslor that you can talk to? I have a freind that does not hs but had similar issues with her dh and she finally got so fustrated and border line depression that she sought counsling. The counslor eventually had them in for joint sessions and her dh started coming around. He is still not perfect but now she goes out one night a week and he stays home with the kids. That has helped her alot. Maybe just try the idea of you having one night out a week?
mark_egp
User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 19 year old can do all the housework, laundry, etc., freeing you for school, groceries, etc. plus free time to recharge.
Theodore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 15 or 16 I had to wash dishes, do laundry, take out the trash, etc., which I didn't enjoy terribly much, but didn't scar me for life either. I second the idea of having the 19 year old help out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: