Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4-H

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merylvdm
User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: 4-H Reply with quote

My kids all do 4-H and I think it was of the best extra-curricular activities homeschoolers can do as it offers them the opportunity for citizenship and leadership - and they have scholarships too! Very Happy
4-H is not just for farmers kids - we live in a big city and my kids don't do anything remotely associated with animals - their 4-H projects have been Computers, Communications, Consumer Education and Photography. 4-H has given my kids the chance to practice their public speaking skills, run for office, organize events and focus on caring about others.
One of the students in our local club has written a great article on 4-H , complete with photos and videos, so if you are wondering if this could be right for your kids - check it out!!

http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-4h

Meryl in TN
danielle82
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kids are in 4-H, just starting out kindergarten and 1st grade. They are doing chicken projects. I was in 4-H horses whenj I was a kid! It IS fabulous if you find the right group!
Navymom
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE 4-H! Sadly, we have just moved to Japan and it is not offered here. While in 4-h in Canada we were involved with horses, goats, chickens and photography.

I love that 4-h builds confidence and leadership, it is definitely a program that we miss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: