Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is the place of origin of white Americans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: What is the place of origin of white Americans? Reply with quote

(Moderator) Post is spam bot, thread stays due to useful answer.

I'm too lazy to research.

Didn't white Americans come from England? But Christopher Columbus came from Spain, right? I'm confused.

Please don't give me an encyclopedic answer. One to two paragraphs will do.

Thanks!
Lily
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the west coast the Spanish took hold. Down in the south-east, the Spanish and the French. The Dutch, English, French, and various others had trading and fishing set up in Canada and on the East coast before Jamestown/Plymouth and the like were established. The Vikings were there years earlier on expeditions.
PadrePio222
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is incorrect on Christoper Columbus had actually came from The republic of Genoa which Northwest of Italy,he died on 1451 he was a son of a weaver and first came to sea when he was a teenager. In addition if your interested in his faith, he was a Catholic-Christian. If you want more info on him Please PM me. Moreover I am quite occupied with the July 4th I am going to a home school reunion. God Bless!
FayzulSultanovich
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Euro-Americans are largely descended from colonial American stock supplemented by two sizable waves of immigration from Europe. Approximately 53 percent of Euro-Americans today are of colonial ancestry, and 47 percent are descended from European, Canadian, or Mexican (or any Latin American) immigrants who have come to the U.S. since 1790. Today, each of the three different branches of immigrants is most common in different parts of the country. Colonial stock, which is comprised mostly of people of English, Irish, Welsh, or Scottish descent, may be found throughout the country but is especially dominant in the South. Some people of colonial stock, especially in the Mid-Atlantic States, are also descendants of German and Dutch immigrants. The vast majority of these are Protestants or Roman Catholics. French descent, which can also be found throughout the country, is most concentrated in Louisiana, while Spanish descent is dominant in the Southwest. These are primarily Roman Catholic and were assimilated with the Louisiana Purchase and the aftermath of the Mexican-American War, respectively. Although a separate terminology of "Spanish American" is commonly applied to Spanish speaking Americans, Americans that descend from Spain are more properly categorized as Euro-Americans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> History All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: