Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Illinois?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARC
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Illinois? Reply with quote

I am VERY interested in homeschooling. I am in Illinois and trying to figure out how to get started. I have one year until my daughter would need to start Kindergarten. Everywhere I read it says there is pretty much no requirements. What is my first step?
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have family who homeschooled in IL and they simply just didn't ever sign their children up for PS. They didn't notify the state or anything...they just started schooling when their children were old enough. There are no real requirements there and if you never sign them up for PS then the school system can't miss them.
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Illinois? Reply with quote

ARC wrote:
I am VERY interested in homeschooling. I am in Illinois and trying to figure out how to get started. I have one year until my daughter would need to start Kindergarten. Everywhere I read it says there is pretty much no requirements. What is my first step?

Since there are no requirements, your first step would be to figure our how you'd like to homeschool.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: