Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody blog for a living?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebecca7
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Anybody blog for a living? Reply with quote

I do a lot of freelance writing to suppliment my income and I'm finding more and more that blogging is the way to go. If you look at the latest stats, outsourced blogging jobs are steadily on the rise. This is pretty impressive, considering the given state of our economy.

Anyone else blog for profit, and would like to share some insight/tips/suggestions with us?
Theodore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like those stats are for programmers who design blogs, not so much the people who actually do the writing. There are thousands upon thousands of blogs out there, only a handful generate enough traffic and make enough money to be categorized as income sources.
ruby.mein
User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work on a company and doing some freelance work at home (good thing that I have some extra work... well, at least I will able to earn more money!)
Sheryl
User

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a freelance writer and educator, so combined my two professions to create my blog, "The Fine Art of Substitute Teaching". My blog is a creative outlet for me. I understand there are tons of ways to make some money like signing up for google adsense, etc.

Driving traffic to your site would be your first concern. The way many do this is by sponsoring a contest that requires the visitor to comment on their blog, with bonus entries given for signing up as a follower or twittering about the promotion.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Sheryl on Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Glottis
User

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sometimes visit blogs to kill time... i understand that some do earn good money from it, but i think that it's going to be a little hard to start earning a decent amount of money from ti and it's going to require a lot of time maintaining a blog... Smile
marf1273
User

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do freelance blogging as well and it indeed helps in augmenting the family income. The best part is you get to share your knowledge and ideas and influence other people which is really great. Being home based also allows you to keep track of your children’s activities while earning at the same time.
comusher
User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started blogging but ended up doing more setup and designs. Blogging does not pay as well and once you figure out how to install and adapt wordpress you can make better money doing that.
josh_chs
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a list of popular home school blogs? Thank you in advance!
donnabrenton
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link my friend is interested in blogging i will share the link to him..
trhsm2012
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Freelance Writer Reply with quote

Hello,

I work from home as a freelance writer as well as homeschool. I started about one year ago with this line of work. Currently, I have more work and am turning people away who request me.

Most of my work has been for blog writings. I currently write over 100 blog articles each week on a variety of topics.

Other than blogging, I write a lot of sales pages, web articles, and also do some forum moderation.

I really do think the demand for blog writers is high right now, at least through the online company I work through. I currently am writing for eight different companies.

I have had to close some of my contracts because the demand has been so high. I turn interviews down nearly every week because my plate is full.
http://helpforhomeblog.therealhomeschoolmom.com/
http://writingblog.therealhomeschoolmom.com/
http://homeschoolblog.therealhomeschoolmom.com/
heenakapoor
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working in a digital marketing company and freelancing work also. I use complete strategy for promotion of your website and increase your business and leads. I use all techniques for make strong on-page optimization like
* Select right keywords
* Add Meta(Keywords, Description..)
* Image optimization
* Title optimization
* Use H1/H2..
* Use unique content.. etc.
and for popular your website all techniques of Off-site like link building using link building techniques like Forum, Blogging, Directory submission, Content writing.. etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: