Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cell Phone Etiquette or Not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Cell Phone Etiquette or Not Reply with quote

What did we miss talking about before cell phones. How much do we need to run our mouths? And without consideration for others.

I hate it when a visiting teenager, someone delivering a package, an adult guest, walks into my house talking on the phone with no cares about a polite greeting.

Or, as one of my kids' friends have done, enter my house, go straight to the couch or a bedroom to talk on the phone!

The conversation needs to stop before entering the house.
4given
User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear you!!!

A GM for a local TV station just did a video editorial in which he unloaded his frustrations at the MULTITUDE of young people who are unable to make it through a 90 minute movie without texting incessantly. I was ready to give him a standing ovation by the time he was done.

He did observe that his trip to see Gran Torino was an ENTIRELY different experience. He hypothesized that those drawn to see a Clint Eastwood movie were old enough to know better.

Personally, I have seen quite a few adults sitting around with their fingers tapping away, while oblivious to the world around them... including their children.

Shall we liken it to the old "frog in the pot" analogy? Has it become increasingly more acceptable to be rude and inconsiderate? Maybe we could all benefit from some manners instruction. That is... if we can put the cell phones down long enough to receive instruction. (I use the term "we" loosely Smile )
Regina Hogsten

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real reason the audience didn't use cell phones is because they were glued to Eastwood's adventures whether in their 20's or 70's.

I don't know that the older adult audience "knew better" about cell phone manners. Age has its benefits, we just don't care about some things anymore. We just want to relax and not be bothered by the extras (cell phone use during movies).

Have you ever experienced someone standing in line talking loudly and you think they are talking to you? It is embarrassing until you realize they are on a cell.
4given
User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regina Hogsten wrote:
Have you ever experienced someone standing in line talking loudly and you think they are talking to you?

Too many times... very embarassing! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Home Economics with Regina Hogsten All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: