Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home schooled girls - ages 8-18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lequetta
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Home schooled girls - ages 8-18 Reply with quote

I homeschool my 3 kiddos..including my 10 yr old girl. While shopping for Christmas, I had a hard time finding shirts I would want her to wear. (Everything very trendy... or not very modest).

My husband has been screenprinting fro 13+yrs. I was thinking of starting of website of modest T-shirts for girls. Prints such as butterflies, flowers, hearts, musical notes, animals (cats, dogs, horses etc) Scripture verses, etc

Do you think there is a market? I want to keep the price low.. under $10.
Homeschool girls, and Christian girls would be my primary market?

What would your daughter want printed on her shirts?

any suggestions appreciated,

lequetta
StellarStory
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you do some market research in general. Then you might want to see how to reach people that would be as concerned with modesty as you are to reach your niche market.

Good luck! I think it could work.
lequetta
User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks StellarStory for posting. I think I'm going to give it a try...and market to specific clubs, groups, organizations...etc.

Since my hubby is a screenprinter, I figure the marketing wouldn't hurt business ... could only help.

Happy 2009,

Blessings,
Lequetta
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy something that was modest and decent for my daughter. I hate shopping for her! She is 10 now and everything her size (12/14 or Juniors sm) looks like something a street walker would wear. Everything is low cut or to short. I do a lot of sewing though and make a lot of her clothes since we are on a VERY tight budget.

If you ask my daughter though what she would want on a shirt it would be cats, hearts, flowers,glitter, things that are really girly. She wants one that says "My brother did it" since she is the only girl and likes to blame everything on her brothers. I think that is going to be our next project.
Miss_Kristy
User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see more modest clothes for girls. My dd is 9 and I have the same trouble as you all have stated. Shirts are either too grown up looking or have characters on them from movies or t.v.

My dd would want kittens, flowers, something that says how cool homeschool is, and smiley faces. The color pink would also need to be involved somehow. LOL
philipsteele
User

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before some days we are conducted a survey about When to Consider Home Schooling? so that was an excellent responses got from many of the parents..I think most of the parents interested in their children's with home schooling..So your attempt is good i think this fields have a wide scope..so don't break up... Razz

buy custom essays online
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: