Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support and Friendship - Email or Snail Mail Pal wanted!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golabfamily
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Support and Friendship - Email or Snail Mail Pal wanted! Reply with quote

Hi,

We are homeschooling our 8 and 3 year old daughters. We live in Hobart Tasmania, Australia and we use a variety of ways to educate our children from text books and teacher resources to just everyday activities and learning through reading, exploring and fun.

We try to go on an excursion / field trip once a week, be it something simple, like shopping or more elaborate like visiting a national trust or historic / natural wonder of Tasmania.

I personally love to write and have over the years kept in touch with some wonderful people via email and snail mail.

Therefore I am hoping to be able to find another homeschooling mum, or a few of you! who would love to keep in touch and share our homeschooling and life experiences. You don't have to have children the same gender or age as me, I am interested in all different people, life's and personal adventures!

If you are interested please let me know and hopefully we can begin to create a wonderful friendship and support base that hopefully will last a long time.

Hope to hear from some one soon!

Take care

Keren
mommyto2gr8ones
User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do this!! Life for you has to be so incredibly different from life here in the US. I'll PM you.
And Furbaby CopyCat~7/03
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"~Phillipians 4:13
Golabfamily
User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crystal,

I have almost finished writing my first letter to you. It is already over 10 typed pages long. I hope when you receive it in the new years you find it interesting!

I am still looking for another one or two people to write to so if I can find some, if you wish to get in touch please PM me!

Merry Christmas to you all,

Keren
roo
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Keren
I'd be interested! Always interested in making friends! I know a couple of people in Australia! We have 4 kids, 2 boys, 2 girls...1 boy doesn't live with us though! This is our first year homeschooling and we are really enjoying it! The kids are learning so much! And at their speeds!Talk more soon!
I just pmed you!

Take care and here's my email address:

kcoster@live.com

kelly
2 tabby cats and 1 baby bunny named Moses!
Golabfamily
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kelly,

Great to hear from you!

I will PM you my address,

Keren
Golabfamily
User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say thank you to the two ladies who have shared their addresses with me and I look forward to forming long and lasting friendships... Hopefully!

Thanks again and if anyone else is interested let me know

Keren
mommyto2gr8ones
User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golabfamily wrote:
Hi Crystal,

I have almost finished writing my first letter to you. It is already over 10 typed pages long. I hope when you receive it in the new years you find it interesting!

I am still looking for another one or two people to write to so if I can find some, if you wish to get in touch please PM me!

Merry Christmas to you all,

Keren

That is awesome!! LOL I am still in the process of writing yours. LOL!! It has been a crazy holiday season for us. I look forward to reading your letter and to you getting mine!!
And Furbaby CopyCat~7/03
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me"~Phillipians 4:13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: