Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to homeschooling... need curriculum advice....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nmmiller79
User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: New to homeschooling... need curriculum advice.... Reply with quote

Hi All,

Well we are new to homeschooling.... I have an almost 8 year old (2nd grade level) and a 10 yr old (4th grade).

We recently removed them from public school and are beginning the homeschooling process. I'm leaning more towards the "unschooling" ways, but I want to make sure they have the basics first.

I can't seem to find my way to the best curriculum to use for the basics for them. Looking mainly at Math and Reading/Spelling/Grammar. The 2nd grader needs help in all of these areas - mostly because she "doesn't like" to do it. Not that she can't. The 4th grader is more advanced (on the last Harry Potter book & was starting Algebra in school). So I need things that will challenge her.

We're moving off grid to a VERY remote location, so my resource opportunities are a little more limited than most. Can anyone suggest what curriculum you think might be best for these areas?

The other areas we are going to attack as we go - as in - if they want to learn about weather - that's what we'll study. The 10 year old loves Ancient Egypt - so we'll probably start there for our History lessons.

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Thanks!
Nicole
facebook.com/our180
Bedelopret
User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked this information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: