Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Science Olympiad: Montgomery County Maryland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norovirus
User

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Science Olympiad: Montgomery County Maryland Reply with quote

**Disclaimer: I hope nobody minds that I'm copying and pasting the same thing on several forums. I just know that if we can find a couple more high schoolers, we can be incredibly competitive**

Last year, I was a member of Pilgrimage Homeschool, the team which won the Division B (9th grade and younger) Maryland State Science Olympiad Tournament. We had a great time going to Nationals in FL, too. This year, we started a Division C team (10-12th grade).

We are looking for more homeschooled middle and high school students in Montgomery County. No particular science background is necessary, though I can say my AP Bio and AP Chem have reduced the amount of study time required for some events. We especially could use a few students who have had AP Physics.

The tournament dates are February 16th and April 20th, 2013. The cost to join the team is about $50. There's info about Science Olympiad at the official website: http://soinc.org/ and at the student forum: http://www.scioly.org/phpBB3/index.php If/when you read those sites, it might help to know that Division C = 10-12th grade, Division B = 9th grade and under, and Division A = 5th grade and under.

I almost forgot -- if you win any event at Nationals, you get a 4 year scholarship to the host university. Reply if you're interested!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Sports and Extracurriculars All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: