Do I keep homelife seperate from "school"?

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

GingerGirl13
User

Do I keep homelife seperate from "school"?

Postby GingerGirl13 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 pm

We have just started looking into homeschooling for our children. Where can I find info on how to set up my home for this? Where do I best find how to properly handle the psychological side of homeschooling & if I am cut out to be my children's teacher? Should I have a separate part of my home set aside just for the schooling? Thank you for any advice.

hscoach
User

Postby hscoach » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 am

I believe every mom is cut out to be their child's teacher because ........... no one knows your child better than YOU.

Most people don't have a special part of their home just for homeschooling. You can sit on the sofa or at the kitchen table, etc. Having a special room that is set apart isn't neccessary for learning.

But if you have a room in your house that can be your "homeschool room", it is nice. It is helpful, at least, for storing all your books and curriculum in cabinets or on shelves. A great place to get ideas is on pinterest. You could type in "homeschool room" under search and you will see some really fancy ones. :)

GingerGirl13
User

Postby GingerGirl13 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:32 pm

Thank you for your responses. I will look up the pintrest ideas. This is a great forum I'm excited to be here!

Return to “Getting Started”