All homeschool laws by state

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

amlaboy
User

All homeschool laws by state

Postby amlaboy » Fri May 23, 2008 12:47 pm

http://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp

I'm sure this was posted somewhere else, but I haven't been here long. In fact, it's my 1st post. Hi everyone! :D
amlaboy

Miss_Kristy
User

Postby Miss_Kristy » Fri May 23, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi!

Yeah, the HSLDA website is pretty much the first place new homeschoolers go to get info. on their state. :D

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Sat May 24, 2008 12:33 am

Depends. HSLDA is factually accurate, but you can often get more detailed info from state or regional homeschool groups.

Miss_Kristy
User

Postby Miss_Kristy » Sat May 24, 2008 11:41 am

Theodore wrote:Depends. HSLDA is factually accurate, but you can often get more detailed info from state or regional homeschool groups.

That's true.

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Sat May 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Theodore wrote:Depends. HSLDA is factually accurate, but you can often get more detailed info from state or regional homeschool groups.

The thing is that some groups list the whole law, verbatim, which no one can actually understand.

At least one statewide group has the law plus its own interpretation/recommendations, which include encouraging homeschoolers to do more than what the law actually requires.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

amandatirado
User

Postby amandatirado » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:03 pm

I am having some trouble finding a homeschool group near me because we're not really near a large city and we're VERY new to "officially" homeschooling, which means we've been teaching our kids, but haven't had to report yet (and still don't). Every group around me that I've contacted won't contact me back. Not sure why?

Neither one of my daughters are "reporting age" yet, but still...want to make sure we're doing it right BEFORE they turn 8. Any suggestions?

And, we don't intend on purchasing curriculum. We make our own. It's working for now.
Amanda T

Return to “Homeschool Law”