Help!!!

Cooking, herbs, gardening, sewing, flower arrangement, building, decorating, and more!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune, Regina Hogsten

SUZI9876
User

Help!!!

Postby SUZI9876 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:21 pm

My DD is 6, and I would like to begin teaching her the basics of caring for a home/family. The problem is that I am "self-taught" in this area. I know only a few basic recipes, the very very basics of cleaning house, and we won't even discuss laundry. I don't know how to teach her because I don't really know what I'm doing. Any advice? Anyone? Please???

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Teach her what you -do- know, then find some families that know more about home ec than you do and have her visit and learn how to do various chores. When she gets older she can take a cooking class, or you can research how to cook various things on the Internet.

I am of course talking in theory - our situation doesn't compare because my parents know home ec pretty well and I was doing assorted chores since I was old enough to reach the sink while standing on a step-stool. I've washed dishes, cleaned toilets, taken out the trash, done massive amounts of laundy (including dirty diapers), scrubbed every kitchen surface, done yard work, cooked suppers, bread, and pies, etc. And I'm a guy. None of it is really rocket science.

Return to “Home Economics with Regina Hogsten”