Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Appreciating Music, Bob Jones = one credit??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JudyH4
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Appreciating Music, Bob Jones = one credit?? Reply with quote

I am interested in using the Music Appreciation course by Bob Jones (Appreciating Music, ISBN # 1-59166-233-8) but I am new to homeschooling, and I can't figure out if it will count as one high school credit, or half a credit. It looks like a year's worth of curriculum, but I can't seem to find documentation to that effect.

I'm trying to document everything clearly, because we are only homeschooling temporarily for medical reasons.

Can anybody help me document the credits for this course?

Thank you!
Judy :)
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can give it whatever credit you want.

Have you called BJUP and asked? They are very good at discussing and explaining things like this.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
JudyH4
User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your reply!
No, I haven't called them - I posted my question after closing time yesterday, and I haven't really had time to look into it today. I should have an easier schedule tomorrow, though. Thank you very much for your response! I didn't realize it was so arbitrary because some Lifepac electives I browsed through at a store were specifically half a credit - so I expected everything to have an assigned credit value.

Judy
Very Happy
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you! Reply with quote

JudyH4 wrote:
Thank you very much for your reply!
No, I haven't called them - I posted my question after closing time yesterday, and I haven't really had time to look into it today. I should have an easier schedule tomorrow, though. Thank you very much for your response! I didn't realize it was so arbitrary because some Lifepac electives I browsed through at a store were specifically half a credit - so I expected everything to have an assigned credit value.

Judy
Very Happy

Different publishers have different content even in subjects with the same names. Smile
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
trevor4
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you! Reply with quote

Interested in what came of this. Let me know as I am in the same boat! While we're on the subject of credit, by the way, I highly recommend this Bad Credit Loans website if you ever need any information on getting a loan and have bad credit. It also has a ton of miscellaneous loans information as well.

Thanks
Trevor

Last edited by trevor4 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
JennyPortman
User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you! Reply with quote

Same here. Hope you will update us soon Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Curriculum Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: