Desperately Seeking Online Program for 7th grade

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Desperately Seeking Online Program for 7th grade

Postby CaliGirl » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum. We're in Washington state. My 7th grade daughter is currently enrolled in an online program here that's using Fuel Ed. It's boring and she hates it. It's basically textbook reading online. She's starting the year off with very poor grades.

She used the Odyssey program last year through the same institution. That didn't work too well for her either. She spent barely any time in the program, and again got low grades, though she passed all her classes.

The year before that I purchased curriculum for her from several different suppliers, but she didn't do her schoolwork. I run a business and have a disabled son who needs care, so can't constantly watch to make sure work gets done, and forget me grading anything.

Does anyone know of a good, online program that's interesting and engaging for students in middle and high school? I want my daughter to get a good education and have considered putting her in public school, but I am concerned she won't do well there either. I have to give her current teacher a heads up on our decision this week.

She's a very bright girl and I want to help her enjoy her education and learning.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”