Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

homeschooling in Mallorca, Spain?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gretchen Sukow
User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: homeschooling in Mallorca, Spain? Reply with quote

My family is moving to Palma de Mallorca for a year beginning this summer. I have never homeschooled before but am considering it for the year we are in Spain. Does anyone know if there currently is an active group of homeschoolers in Palma? Any info is much appreciated! Gretchen
apmama
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is and I have sendt you a pm Very Happy Enjoy wonderful Mallorca!
DKEdmisten
User

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Would love any information on homeschooling in Spain! Reply with quote

We are considering a possible move to Spain from USA and are curious about the laws for homeschooling. We're looking at the city Matarrana.

We don't currently speak/read Spanish and haven't had any luck with internet sites.

Thank you for your time; any information would be very helpful!
Dave Edmisten
Bill59
User

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, same thing for me can I also get a PM with info please? We are considering moving for a longer period - 2 - 3 years.
Lanny
User

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: @Gretchen Sukow @DKEdmisten @Bill59 Reply with quote

This is OT (Off Topic), with regard to Home Schooling; but it is OT (On Topic) with regard to Spain.

I am writing this, because I fear that you may not be aware of the current situation in Spain. The banks in Spain are at the point of collapse, the Official unemployment rate is approximately 25%, and Spain may eventually need to leave the Euro and the European Union. Please follow Current Events in Spain very closely!

The people we are in contact with in Spain can be classified as either "Extremely worried" or "In Panic Mode". They are removing their money from banks in Spain. The family we are closest with (they are Spanish citizens) will come to the city we live in (Cali, Colombia), during September 2012. Their dream is to emigrate from Spain, to Colombia, where they can have a much better life. Things are not perfect here in Colombia, but, they are far better than in Spain at this time.

Many Colombians, who moved to Spain, hoping for a better life, are now returning to Colombia, because they know, at this time, the life and opportunities available to them in Colombia are superior to the situation in Spain.

If you are U.S. Citizens, immediately after you get settled in Spain (or any other country), register with the ACS (American Citizen Services) of the U.S. Embassy. In case of an emergency evacuation, hopefully, they will be able to help your family evacuate from Spain to a safe country. If you are citizens of another country, register with your embassy in Madrid, immediately after you get settled in Spain.

If you have Directv or Cable TV, etc., there are probably Spanish television stations available to you. One channel we have watched with our DD is "TVE", which I believe is the Spanish Educational Channel, from Madrid.

@DKEdmisten RE: Learning Spanish
The Spanish spoken in Spain is somewhat different from that spoken in Latin America. If you learn Latin American Spanish, you will be understood and the people in Spain will understand you. Certainly, the Spanish spoken in Spain is not the pure Spanish, spoken here in Colombia, which is probably the best (purest) Spanish spoken in any country in the world. You can probably Google for something like "free online Spanish lessons" and come up with some results.

Good luck to all of you and I hope you enjoy living in Spain, as much as I enjoy living in Colombia. I have lived here for 17 years. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschooling Overseas / Military Homeschooling All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: