Free curriculum for rest of yr for K?

Discuss the pros and cons of various curriculums, or get help on which to choose!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

Free curriculum for rest of yr for K?

Postby 5_2luv » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:46 pm

I just pulled my son out of school for the rest of this yr at least and don't want to buy anything for now until I get a feel for what we need. He is in K and really loves working on the computer and doing hands on games & such. I don't want to give him a whole lot of worksheets except for the obvious subjects that need it like handwriting and some others, because he is more of a hands on learner and tunes out when he gets bored. I know he would love doing some learning activities on the computer if there is a free curriculum that provides that. Does anyone know of any thing we can use?

Also, I want to include God in our school day somehow but I really don't have a lot of time to plan lessons. I have 5 kids and 2 of them are babies, 1 & 2. Does anyone know of something I can teach to him that's mostly already prepared?

I can and will adjust the curriculum we find to suit him better and fill in what I think he needs but I just don't have the time or the know how to do ALL the planning myself right now. Thanks for all the help.

Postby hscoach » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Postby Munchie33 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Don't forget

Nearly all of the books and resources it uses are free online, it includes Bible Study, and lacks only Mathematics. For Maths, if your internet is good, Khan Academy covers K-12 and then some, with video lessons and interactive games and tests.

Return to “Curriculum Discussion”