Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What homeschool lesson planner/record keeper do you use?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jblwhopper
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: What homeschool lesson planner/record keeper do you use? Reply with quote

I'm just curious what programs you all are using to keep your records, and what you like/don't like about it.

I read in a previous post that a someone had been using a free online program that logs daily hours/subjects covered, has a lesson planner and you could add stuff like field trips etc. If you know what program that is, could you please tell me your thoughts on it? Is it easy to use? How complete is it? Any info would be great!

I am getting ready to embark on our first year of homeschool and we live in MO. I am not OCD and don't want to have to do a whole lot of work on the computer as I don't have a lot of time to spend doing it. I would like to have some feedback so that I can make a educated decision without spending money, then not liking the program. Thanks a lot!
hscoach
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used a planner so I can't give you my thoughts on it, but I thought I would share this link for one that is free:

http://www.homeschoolskedtrack.com/HomeSchool/displayLogin.do

Since it's free, you could try it and just see what you think without losing any money.
jblwhopper
User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot for that link... I'll look into it for sure, it seems pretty easy to use.
1to1tutor
User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Checklist by Cindy Downes is an assessment tool and a lesson-planning guide. The topics are listed sequentially or by subject matter so that you can teach the subjects you want, when you want.
PinkLady
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have a recommendation for a print planner? Something to put in your hands, not online?

Childtivity.com - Free Activity Ideas
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FergN'Us Services' Home Schoolers' Journal.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: