Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suiting Up for Deep and Unknown Waters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snemelka
User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Suiting Up for Deep and Unknown Waters Reply with quote

The subject says it all. I'm SO excited to begin this homeschooling journey with my 6 year old boy. I also have a four-years-old boy, a one-year-old girl and a baby boy due in March. I don't intend to have a structured curriculum for the four-year-old yet, but I let him do whatever he's interested in doing while the older one is taught.

I would like to use different modalities and mediums to teach concepts, and I need guidance on how to build one concept on another for a streamlined learning experience. I would love a curriculum that offers suggestions and options for teaching each concept from a variety of modalities and mediums, but that does not require the use of every one offered. Am I dreaming?

I need to be able to have days where my full participation is not necessary, to be able to put him to work on worksheets or something, to cover sick days for example.

I would like to be able to include 4yo in learning some things that do not require levels of learning (science, literature etc).

I would like him to be above his peers in performance in areas in which he has natural aptitude, and equal to them in most others. He would be starting 1st grade Fall 2012.

Do you have any suggestions for me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Getting Started All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: