Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work Study Credit? CA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missi93444
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Work Study Credit? CA Reply with quote

We just started homeschooling my high schooler in CA this month. My 17 y.o. daughter has a part time job in retail. I know when she was in public school, they awarded credit for work study as an elective. How would I go about this at home? I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly and her experience at work seems like it should be credit worthy. Any thoughts on this?
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Work Study Credit? CA Reply with quote

missi93444 wrote:
We just started homeschooling my high schooler in CA this month. My 17 y.o. daughter has a part time job in retail. I know when she was in public school, they awarded credit for work study as an elective. How would I go about this at home? I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly and her experience at work seems like it should be credit worthy. Any thoughts on this?

You create your own transcript, so you can put on it anything you want. There are no rules for private schools as far as transcripts.

I see no reason that you cannot put something on the transcript such as "Work Experience," and give her 5 credits (one semester) or 10 (two semesters).
Caretaker of 2 budgies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> High School / College Prep All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: