Work Study Credit? CA

Find out how to handle homeschooling through high school and college prep!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

missi93444
User

Work Study Credit? CA

Postby missi93444 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:42 pm

We just started homeschooling my high schooler in CA this month. My 17 y.o. daughter has a part time job in retail. I know when she was in public school, they awarded credit for work study as an elective. How would I go about this at home? I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly and her experience at work seems like it should be credit worthy. Any thoughts on this?

elliemaejune
User

Re: Work Study Credit? CA

Postby elliemaejune » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:22 pm

missi93444 wrote:We just started homeschooling my high schooler in CA this month. My 17 y.o. daughter has a part time job in retail. I know when she was in public school, they awarded credit for work study as an elective. How would I go about this at home? I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly and her experience at work seems like it should be credit worthy. Any thoughts on this?

You create your own transcript, so you can put on it anything you want. There are no rules for private schools as far as transcripts.

I see no reason that you cannot put something on the transcript such as "Work Experience," and give her 5 credits (one semester) or 10 (two semesters).
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

Return to “High School / College Prep”