can't sell or give away SOS curriculum

Are your children done using their curriculum? Trade it to someone else!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

sandyc
User

can't sell or give away SOS curriculum

Postby sandyc » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 am

I recently bought the 2008 900 history SOS CD. I was really surprised to read that I didn't buy the program; I'm just paying for the privilege of using it. When we're finished, we're not permitted to resell it. I had bought an old used SOS CD once (that I never used). So I got it out and put it in the computer. The computer said that I didn't have permission to view the CD's. I think it's odd because I see the used SOS CD's for sale everywhere. Does anyone know anything about this or have suggestions? Also, the program said that if I didn't register it online, it would cease to work in a few days. Does anyone else have any experience with these?

Thank you,
Sandy :?:

ArkansasHomeschooler
User

Postby ArkansasHomeschooler » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:23 am

Your old SOS CDs may not be compatible with your OS. I've bought and used previously owned SOS CDs without a problem.

As to registering, the newer application disks require registration. The older ones don't.
Visit--- http://christianbooksandbibles.weebly.com ---Christian Books and Bibles for my slowly growing blog and full bookstore.

ArkansasHomeschooler
User

Postby ArkansasHomeschooler » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Sandy,
I looked at the agreement last night, and it says you can transfer the application program one time without asking permission from the company. It says nothing about the curriculum discs themselves.

Sheila
Visit--- http://christianbooksandbibles.weebly.com ---Christian Books and Bibles for my slowly growing blog and full bookstore.

Return to “Used Curriculum Selling”