Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karen in Oregon - Not new to hs, but it's been a while

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justaskkarend
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Karen in Oregon - Not new to hs, but it's been a while Reply with quote

Hi there,

Nice to meet all of you. I'm so glad that in the few years that I've been away from homeschool that technology has enabled this fantastic network of dedicated parents & educators.

My dd was homeschooled until the middle of third grade, when my DH & I put her in a private Christian school. She did well then, but with each passing year the fit became more & more awkward.

We are beginning homeschool again this fall, where she will be 13 yo. She's highly intelligent, and hard to handle as a strong-willed child, so between her need for intellectually challenging material and my despise of canned curricula, I'm leaning heavily toward Classical Education, with a Christian focus.
The problem is that I don't know a lot about it, and I certainly was never taught the higher-order thinking skills from which she could profit hugely. Of course, that can be fixed by my own reading, but I'm hoping to find some practical application advice from experienced CCE parents & educators.

I'm encouraged just by finding this site! Thanks for being here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Guestbook All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: