hello everyone! private school questions!

Having problems figuring out where to start? Let other homeschoolers offer you some advice!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

hello everyone! private school questions!

Postby sophiessmom1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Hello everyone! Its good to know that there is a place for people to go to ask questions about homeschooling because I have A LOT OF QUESTIONS.
1. I plan to homeschool my child and file an affidavit to run as a private school which is the legal way to handle homeschooling in California. Are there any place/ organizations that offer any free materials such as desks or bulletin boards to assist parents/ caregivers with school equipment?
2. Are there any grants available for my private school endeavors? If so where can I find them?
3. What are some of the best ways to find good and affordable curriculum choices for my children?

I would really appreciate it if someone were to provide quality answers to my questions. Thank you all! And I wish you all the best of luck in your homeschooling endeavors.

Postby hscoach » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:46 am

Hi, I am not sure about desks or grants. But as far as curriculum, you might want to read some reviews before you make final decisions. Here are a couple of sites where you can do that.

My favorite place to order curriculum is Rainbow Resource. They have a very large selection and low prices. They also have product reviews. You can view their catalog online or they will send you one for free.

Return to “Getting Started”