How many kids are you/ did you have and why?

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:45 am

I'm curious why people decided to have the number of kids they have or plan to have a certain number. I'll be back later to say how many and why for my family.

4given
User

Postby 4given » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:49 am

We have four sons.

Reasons...

I knew for sure I wouldn't choose to have an only child. I am one and always longed for a sibling.

After our third son, we thought maybe the next one would be a girl. :lol:

I can't think of any other reasons. We would absolutely have more but this last pregnancy took a toll on me.

I look forward to other's responses!

sevenkidsisgreat
User

Postby sevenkidsisgreat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:44 am

We have 7 children, (3 girls aged 19, 8, 6) and (4 boys aged 17, 13, 11, and 2). My husband and I came from very dysfunctional families and wanted to start over with our family and build a better legacy.

Cheryl

iamnettie
User

Postby iamnettie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:23 am

We have three. Catherine almost age 7, Anna age 3, and Christopher age 2.

We always said we wanted at least 2 kids (I was an only child as where my parents). Christopher was a nursing surprise, we had already talked about hubby getting fixed so we would not have anymore children when we learned we where going to have him. After 3 c-sections and two of them 15 months apart we where done. So while c-sectioning Christopher I had my tubes tied.

To be honest I love the idea of a BIG family however I don't know that we could afford to have anymore nor be able to handle any more.

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:49 am

We have three boys 10-8-2, We like to say that we couldn't have children if we tried! :lol: Cody was a teenage surprise, I was 19 Tim was 18, Caelan was a "don't take antibiotics on the birth control pill" :oops: and TJ was a "the pill has crappy side effects lets try something else" :? We enjoy them all and I would have loved to have more but hubby didn't want me to go through all that again. So he had his tubes tied. He figured I had three painful labors he could go through a little doctor's visit. (He ended up having to do it twice though. :wink:
Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

MNKristy
User

Postby MNKristy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:34 am

We have three. I always said that I wanted 5. But after giving birth to my daughter, I experienced secondary infertility. So we adopted our two boys. That is all that we were able to handle financially. Sometimes I think it would be nice to get pregnant and have another biological baby, but it's in God's hands.
Kristy

Retired homeschooling mom/teacher to three wonderful kids

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:00 am

I have eight brothers and sisters. Mom and Dad decided to have as many as God gave, and apparently that was quite a few :)

StellarStory
User

Postby StellarStory » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:00 pm

Ramona
User

Re: How many kids are you/ did you have and why?

Postby Ramona » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:28 pm

momo3boys
User

Postby momo3boys » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:50 pm

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

mark_egp
User

Postby mark_egp » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:17 pm

We have 4 now. 3 girls age 14-9 and now a new baby boy 9 years later. We were previously of the contraceptive/planning mindset but now see that was not God's will. It's a long, wonderful story I may write up on my blog someday. The basic change was to believe the Bible after years of persistent reading. I'm a slow learner, but thank God for His patience with me and for giving me a wife younger than me who is still well within child-bearing years.
Mark - http://www.everygoodpath.net/ Homeschool ideas
http://www.everygoodbook.com/ Classic Book lists easy to search/sort for history, literature, and reading lesson plans

bobbinsx5
User

Postby bobbinsx5 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:40 pm

We have five, four boys: 14, 13, 10, 7, and one girl, 9.

We never set out to have a big family, God planned all that for us. Every one was a surprise. After our baby was born I had some severe complications and the dr. told me it would be dangerous for us to have another, so we have made sure not to have anymore.

Every so often I will see a baby and think back to how much fun they are when they are teeny tiny, but that only lasts for a minute. I am so content with where our family is, I enjoy them at the ages they are, so I'm glad we stopped when we did.

seekingmyLord
User

Postby seekingmyLord » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:26 pm

I guess my husband and I are the Abraham and Sarah of the group. :wink: We waited on a promise from the Lord for long time. We have been blessed with one child late in life (when most are grandparents) as was His will and the Lord has also told us that she will be the only one. Yet, He told us that He had blessed us with an exceptional child and we would greatly pleased with her... and we have been.

Mathmom
User

Postby Mathmom » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:19 am

Hi,
My husband, Mark and I have 4 children, dd 12, ds 9, dd almost 7, and dd 21 months. They are blessings from the Lord, and we did not want to miss a blessing from the Lord! It helps to have doctors who are Christians and pro-family, too. What a blessing.
We thought we might have another baby after #3, so we kept all the baby stuff. Then 3 years went by and our youngest was about to turn 4, and we were planning to move. That was my breaking point with my holding out for #4. My husband was telling people, if they asked are you going to have any more children, "If it's the Lord's will". I usually just say "I don't know". We gave all our baby stuff away, including my beloved nursing pillow and sling(I found 2 new mothers and regifted them with them).

So, then a few months after that, I found out I was expecting #4. It has been a wonderful experience. The Lord supplies all our needs, and right now I need patience to keep my little toddler out of trouble.
It has also made a big difference in our "pocketbook" that I have nursed all 4 and have done cloth diapers for all 4. We're a happy family letting the blessing flow from above.
Thanks[/url]
Last edited by Mathmom on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calleigh
User

Postby Calleigh » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:08 am

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”