Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Placement and HS prep for 7th grader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mamalexy
User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Placement and HS prep for 7th grader Reply with quote

I'm doing the 'on my own' homeschooling thing for the first year after being a slave to K12 through the public school for a year, and I'm planning to loosely base our math on the Saxon 7/6 textbook.

I want to know what exactly my daughter needs the most help on so we can really focus on that and master the concepts before she hits algebra and beyond in the HS years.

Any suggestions on a math placement or skills assessment test?

Any other suggestions for me re: Math and a 7th grader? She's always scored 95% and higher on her state assessments, but I want to make sure she's ready for the higher level stuff.
Links For The Lazy
User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link For The Lazy: Saxon 7/6
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Saxon has a placement test you can take for free on their site, or at least they used to. I tried Saxon and my kids hated it. I ended up using Abeka and SOS until Alg 1 and then switched to MUS DVD's after Pre-alg because I am awful at Geometry and I know that about myself. So all our high school math is taught by DVD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Math All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: