Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transcript Pro or Homeschool Tracker Plus?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allforhim
User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Transcript Pro or Homeschool Tracker Plus? Reply with quote

I have a DS ready to begin high school. I'm debating on whether to use TranscriptPro or Homeschool Tracker Plus.

The following things I would like to keep track of are as follows.

Grades/Credits
Text used with course descriptions
Extracurricular Activities
Awards/Accomplishments
Reading/media list
ACT/SAT scores/Achievement testing

TranscriptPro's website does not display samples of the forms for extracurricular, resources used etc. It does say you can keep track of it but I would kind of like to know what they look like. I have heard people love the final result of the actual transcript, but I am wondering if Homeschool Tracker Plus is just as good. I would possibly like to do my lesson plans, attendance etc. and Homeschool Tracker Plus has all these options that Transcript Pro does not.

Essentiallly, is it worth keeping some separate records that TranscriptPro does not cover, and opt to have the final transcript TranscriptPro produces.

I am not a computer wiz and would prefer a program that is user friendly.

Any advice would be greatly apppreciated.

Thanks so much!!

mschickie
User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to be getting homeschool tracker plus shortly. I know a bunch of people who use it and love it. Have you looked at the Homeschool tracker site yet? It has great screen shots of the transcripts and the other features. I do not know about the other software so no comment there.
ncmom
User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the homeschool tracker basic, it's the free version, and LOVE it. I have been using it for several years now and don't have any plans to change to anything else.
isamama
User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered Edu-Track? They now offer downloadable lessons plans for many hs curricula. I've used it for a few years now; however, not this past year do to moving and all the hoopla that goes along with that.

Just thought I'd plug in another product name for your to check out. It also has cool chore icons, so you can make a chore schedule in addition to
Keeping track of grades
Materials/curricula lists
Awards and accomplishments
Reading and media lists
and scores

There is a teacher's filing cabinet in it where you can record pics, video clips (although Ihaven't tried the video) and create extra files for other education topics. Also there is immunization and health and who knows what more in their newer edition, mine is older now.
trhsm2012
User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Homeschool Tracker Plus User Reply with quote

Hello,

I absolutely love Homeschool Tracker Plus. I started out with the free version. Another homeschool family said they felt the need to buy the plus because it was such a blessing to them. They were a large homeschool family.

When I was able to buy the plus program, I did. I have not been displeased in any way, shape or form! It is wonderful and you receive free upgrades for life.

If you are interested, I have placed a product review on my website which is added to my signature line.
http://helpforhomeblog.therealhomeschoolmom.com/
http://writingblog.therealhomeschoolmom.com/
http://homeschoolblog.therealhomeschoolmom.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Recordkeeping / Portfolios All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: