Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weather photography contest site!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Science
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AccuKidz
User

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Weather photography contest site! Reply with quote

Hello Everyone

I have just developed an internet site where students can go to learn about science, photography, and the weather in a safe, fun, and exciting environment. AccuKidz is the result of these efforts and is online as a part of AccuWeather.com. Everything on the site is FREE!

I am inviting homeschool students to form WeatherTeams on AccuKidz.com. Each WeatherTeam is given a web page and they can upload photos they have taken, videos of local interest or anything that interests the Team. Other WeatherTeams come to the site, rate the photos and comment on them, which builds excitement among the Teams. Each Team has an area where they can post weather information, news, whatever is going on with their Team and where they live. Teams also keep in touch with each other on the fully moderated AccuKidz Forum. AccuWeather meteorologists will be posting educational blogs, youth spokesperson videos are being filmed, and our first coloring contest has just begun. All web site submissions, including comments, photos, videos and forum posts are moderated for student safety. Nothing appears on the site without being approved first.

The project has begun in the USA but we are inviting students from other nations to participate as well. This will allow interaction with students of other countries and will provide a unique learning experience for all involved. We also are inviting military families to participate as a way to keep in touch with other students and each other.

WeatherTeams may upload as many photos and videos as they would like. There are no bandwith limitations and AccuWeather.com’s servers are closely monitored.

AccuKidz WeatherTeams may choose any Team name they like. They do not need to post their photos or use their own names. You do not need to purchase anything to make or join a WeatherTeam, it is totally free.

My intention is to gain excitement for the website and to help students from around the world learn about each other and the worlds they live in. If you have any questions or suggestions please email me at AccuKidz @ AccuWeather.com

To learn more or form your WeatherTeam please click the link below.

Thank you,
BeckyMarie
AccuKidz Director
http://kidz.accuweather.com
comusher
User

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a wonderful resource! My daughter is really into photography especially of clouds, but not that into science. Maybe this will bring them together for her!
AccuKidz
User

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Excellent! Reply with quote

If you need any help signing her up please email me at Accukidz @ accuweather.com

It is a wonderful way to get to meet other homeschool students and to showcase your work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Science All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: