Help an avid reader & chicken enthusiast and her library

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

staceyneilolivia
User

Help an avid reader & chicken enthusiast and her library

Postby staceyneilolivia » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi Everyone-

We live in Maine and HSed 2 years so far, gearing up for the challenge of high school soon!

My daughter, Olivia, who successfully campaigned our city to change the zoning law to allow chickens last summer, needs your help.

She entered a national book review contest. The finalists were chosen by the sponsoring library, but the actual winner is chosen by PUBLIC VOTE. If she wins, she gets $1000 in books for her library and $500 in books for herself.

Olivia's video is "YOUR CHICKENS, A KIDS GUIDE" and you can watch it and vote for it on the link below. Please vote EVERY DAY from today till next Wednesday. There have been 3 other categotories and all of the winners have organized huge voting campaigns on internet bulletin boards and the like, so this is the only chance she has. In fact her closest competiton's sister already won a category.. by a large margin... so she needs to garner more support! other kids have whole public school districst voting for them!

http://www.storytubes.info/vote/final_videos.php

(Personally, I think the videos should be judged on their merit rather than on how organized the kids' parents are, but apparently this is the way its done, so I am trying to help her out!!)

If you would like to pass the link on to any other friends, forums, or anywhere else you think folks might like to vote, please do so. Thank you so much!!

Stacey and Olivia

Minniewannabe
User

Postby Minniewannabe » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Great video, Olivia. I would have voted for yours even if your mom didn't tell me to.

Ophelia
User

Postby Ophelia » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:04 am

We voted for you. And your video was the best of the ones we watched!
Dawn

Mother of Fionn (5-7-01), Bailey (9-12-02) and Owen (8-7-07)

staceyneilolivia
User

Thanks so much for your support!!

Postby staceyneilolivia » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:31 am

It's such a tight race, every vote really counts! I believe they have an entire school system voting for them: her competition surges ahead at 8:30 every morning!

Dawn, one of Olivia's chickens is named Ophelia!

Polls close at midnight Eastern time, WEdnesday- you can vote every day.

Thank you for supporting our voracious reader!

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”