Missouri Law, need help

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

homeschool2boys
User

Missouri Law, need help

Postby homeschool2boys » Sun May 11, 2008 9:16 am

I really need help understanding MO law. I want to make sure I am doing these logs correctly.

It says A plan book, diary or other record indicating subjects taught and activities engaged in

For this part I have been doing a diary. Everyday I write logs something like this, heres an example.

Language Arts- Today we read pages 7-9 and did 1.7-1.13 on page 10. (We are doing life pacs so it reads something like that on most days). Thats just an example, not an actual log. I do one for every subject, is this good enough? Anyway is this what they are looking for?

The next part it says A portfolio of samples of the childs work or other written credible evidence.

What I have been doing is keeping all of his Life Pac work books, is that good enough? Do I need to put them in some sort of binder? What exactly is a portfolio and what do they mean? I figured if I just kept everything he has done it would be good enough, I hope I did the right thing.

The last part it says a record of evaluations of the childs academic progress

Are Lifepac tests good enough? Is that what they mean by evaluations? He takes a test at the end of every work book and several smaller tests during the course of a work book, is this good enough? I dont really know what they mean and I am stressed out about this.

I dont even understand part D of the law, so if anyone can explain this to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any replies.

elliemaejune
User

Postby elliemaejune » Sun May 11, 2008 7:59 pm

Ok, the law says this:

a. a plan book, diary, or other record indicating subjects taught and activities engaged in;

b. and “a portfolio of samples of child’s academic workâ€
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

homeschool2boys
User

Postby homeschool2boys » Mon May 12, 2008 4:53 am

Thanks so much for your reply! I have been so stressed out, worrying I will not do these logs correctly, especially because next year we are pulling my 16 yr old out of that awful school (he will be 16 by the time we pull him out of school). He is mentally handicapped so I figured they will run me through the mill and probably want to see every log I have.

I am glad I am in the clear because maybe now I can relax a little and not worry non stop about these logs. Thanks for the link, I will be sure to add it to my logs.

Thanks again

Return to “Homeschool Law”