letter of intent

Find or post information on the legal aspects of homeschooling in your state.

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

lioness
User

letter of intent

Postby lioness » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Can this letter be sent via e-mail or does it need to go snail mail? what is the best way to do this or does it matter? as long as I keep a copy for my own files. And also do I request the school records in this letter or do I address that issue with some one else?
Will there be a cost? And do they still maintain copies of his file?
Lioness

elliemaejune
User

Re: letter of intent

Postby elliemaejune » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:06 pm

lioness wrote:Can this letter be sent via e-mail or does it need to go snail mail? what is the best way to do this or does it matter? as long as I keep a copy for my own files.

I would mail the letter via registered mail, with a return receipt requested. Otherewise, you have no proof that anyone actually received it.

And also do I request the school records in this letter or do I address that issue with some one else? Will there be a cost? And do they still maintain copies of his file?

It would seem to me (and maybe someone from Colorado will show up to answer this) that you would request your dc's records from the school he attended. It's hard to know for sure what will happen. Some schools will send the whole cum file to the parents. Some will photocopy all of the contents to send to the parents and keep the originals, or they'll keep the photocopies and send the original. Legally, the school may charge you to for the photocopying, but they don't usually. And legally, they don't have to give you the original cum file.
Married to Mr. Ellie for over 30 years
Mother to 2 dds and 2 dsil
Grandmother to 1 sweet boy
Caretaker of 2 budgies

mschickie
User

Postby mschickie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:26 am

It depends on the district. I believe we first faxed ours but we were in contact with the homsechool liason so we knew they got it. I am not sure if dh mailed it or faxed it this past summer. The only reason we could not email it was that they needed it signed. We could email our quarterly reports but dh faxes them.

lioness
User

letter of intent

Postby lioness » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:07 am

Thanks, I will snail mail as you suggest. Colorado only requires the letter to go to any super. And I will notify the school and request his records through them.
:D I again really want to thank you all for your support and help. I am looking forward to our continued corresponding and utilizing your experiences as we travel in our journey. One day I maybe able to pass it on to show my gratitude.
Lioness

Return to “Homeschool Law”