Homeschool World Forums     Home     Mall     Catalog     Articles     Contests     Events     Groups     Forum     Contact  
Homeschool World Forum Forum Index Homeschool World Forum
Read thousands of forum posts on topics such as homeschool law, getting started, curriculum, special needs, homeschool vs public school, and much, much more!
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

letter of intent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lioness
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: letter of intent Reply with quote

Can this letter be sent via e-mail or does it need to go snail mail? what is the best way to do this or does it matter? as long as I keep a copy for my own files. And also do I request the school records in this letter or do I address that issue with some one else?
Will there be a cost? And do they still maintain copies of his file?
elliemaejune
User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: letter of intent Reply with quote

lioness wrote:
Can this letter be sent via e-mail or does it need to go snail mail? what is the best way to do this or does it matter? as long as I keep a copy for my own files.

I would mail the letter via registered mail, with a return receipt requested. Otherewise, you have no proof that anyone actually received it.

Quote:
And also do I request the school records in this letter or do I address that issue with some one else? Will there be a cost? And do they still maintain copies of his file?

It would seem to me (and maybe someone from Colorado will show up to answer this) that you would request your dc's records from the school he attended. It's hard to know for sure what will happen. Some schools will send the whole cum file to the parents. Some will photocopy all of the contents to send to the parents and keep the originals, or they'll keep the photocopies and send the original. Legally, the school may charge you to for the photocopying, but they don't usually. And legally, they don't have to give you the original cum file.
Caretaker of 2 dear kitties, 1 French bulldog, 1 dachsund, and 3 budgies
mschickie
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the district. I believe we first faxed ours but we were in contact with the homsechool liason so we knew they got it. I am not sure if dh mailed it or faxed it this past summer. The only reason we could not email it was that they needed it signed. We could email our quarterly reports but dh faxes them.
lioness
User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: letter of intent Reply with quote

Thanks, I will snail mail as you suggest. Colorado only requires the letter to go to any super. And I will notify the school and request his records through them.
Very Happy I again really want to thank you all for your support and help. I am looking forward to our continued corresponding and utilizing your experiences as we travel in our journey. One day I maybe able to pass it on to show my gratitude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Homeschool World Forum Forum Index -> Homeschool Law All times are GMT - 6 Hours (CST)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: