work from home

Share everyday things like field trips, homeschooling experiences, or just anything that doesn't seem to belong elsewhere!

Moderators: Theodore, elliemaejune

djh
User

work from home

Postby djh » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:45 pm

gellegbs
User

Postby gellegbs » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 pm

well since you have access to the internet why not sell things on e-bay? You can sell kids clothes, etc. If you like to do crafty things you can sell that too. I guess thats all i got lol.

Theodore

Postby Theodore » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Just keep in mind that if you sell things for other people on Ebay, you may need an auctioneer or similar license in some states. I think selling your own items is fine, so long as you remember to declare the income on your tax return :)

c0s
User

Postby c0s » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:51 am

barabi51
User

Postby barabi51 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:18 pm

Have you read the book What Color Is Your Parachute? by Richard Bolles? It has all kinds of exercises for figuring out what it is you're really interested in. People don't like the same kind of work--not everyone is cut out to be a real-estate agent, a math tutor or a music teacher, no matter how many other people love doing those things. This is important because over the long run it will be easier to stick with work you really enjoy.

I'd also recommend the book The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People by Carol Eikleberry. What I learned from this one was that there are many different ways to earn a living doing things you like.
Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best. --Henry van Dyke

Elei
User

Postby Elei » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:02 am

I don't know if this also happens in the US, but in Spain lots of children get private classes after school to catch up with their school work or learning problems.

I suppose that after 20 years of homeschooling you must have quite some "teaching experience". You could put notes in the library or shops that you want to help children with difficulties at school or help them with their homework-

They come to your house and you charge them....

How about translating? Do you know any other languages?
Teaching any instrument?
take care of somebodies baby?

Hope this helps you out
Ele.

Return to “Homeschool Parents / Off-Topic”